Saturday, January 19, 2008

Redeemed From Google Hell

I was going to write in my blog yesterday but things came up to distract me, the kids, my job, and all that other stuff that goes along with being a mom that I simply couldn’t find the will to do one more thing last night.

Anyway, I managed to pull my web store back out of Google Hell. I’m back on the second page and for one of the keywords I’m the first position. That would be totally cool if more people were searching for that particular phrase but still, I’m not going to cry a river over it. In fact, I’m pleased to know I have accomplished first page placement somewhere on the Internet highway.

When I realized I’d blown my ranking with the changes I’d made I changed everything back to what had been. I believe the main key for my site is to generate links going to my site. An old saying says, “He who has the most toys wins” and in this case it’s, “He who has the most links win”. Knowing the number one site has over 6,000 links to it, and I have a modest 367 tells me I have my work cut out for me. It’s not impossible, but time consuming.

I’ll keep you posted. In the mean time, have a great day!

No comments: