Sunday, November 25, 2007

Great Times


I don't know about you but I happen to like getting together with my family for holidays. It doesn't happen often enough. My brother lives in California; our sister in Minnesota. Thankfully I have plenty of cousins close at hand to make the season fun and exciting whenever my kinsmen are unable to make it home.


This year my sister and her oldest daughter were able to travel back for the annual chow-down turkey fest. Unfortunately my brother-in-law was unable to tag along because he was told he had to work that Friday, and their youngest daughter is now living in Illinois.


Anyway, I was glad the two of them were able to brave the miles. (I say brave because one never knows in these northern states what the weather is going to do since it's unpredictable. Fortunately there hasn't been much snow and when they leave sometime today for home the roads should provide sooth sailing.)


I was also excited because with the online business I've just launched I'd made a sample blanket for the web site with my niece's picture on it. That's the photo of her and her boyfriend Cody holding it up. Brandy's reaction? "Holy. That's a big picture."

Later, I was showing my sister my business web-site and discovered something about holidays I don't like. When the phone service one is using for business goes down no one's around. At the moment when anyone dials the toll-free number they get one ring and then a busy signal and there is nothing I can do about it until sometime Monday afternoon. (It can't be sooner than that because I have to work at my real job in the morning.)

Great. I'm not thrilled, but I won't get bent out of shape over it either. Everything will be working in due time, and at least there's nothing wrong with the site itself. People can still navigate and order which is a good thing.

No comments: